Please describe to me what you want with as much detail as you possibly can. Make sure you read through this journal and understand all the rules, pricing and payment. If anything is unclear, feel free to send me a note.
1) I have the right to refuse a commission for any reason (see the list of what I will or won't do below. If I do refuse, which is unlikely, I will tell you why)
2) First come, first served. I will try to finish your commissions as quickly as possible. But life happens sometimes. And art cannot be rushed. Please expect to wait up to a month for me to finish your commission. (I promise I will try to be quicker than that) I have the right to extend the time it takes me to work on a commission especially if I have a long list of people who want commissions or I should become ill or injured (I will inform you of delays should any happen)
3) I will likely chose the medium I feel best suits the commission unless you specifically request that I use a certain media (for example, let's say you don't like my oil pastel drawings, but you really like my acrylic paintings. You want me to make an acrylic painting of your characters. Okay. Then I will find canvas or special paper so I can make your commission with that medium) My go to medium is probably chalk pastel, colored pencil or oil paint because I feel I am most adept at these mediums (please note that oil paintings may take longer to complete because of the very slow drying time)
4) I will give you an estimated work time based on what medium is used to make your commission. As stated above, I have the right to extend deadlines if I feel I need more time. The reason for this is because I want to give you the BEST POSSIBLE image I can give you. If I rush for any reason, you may lose quality. That being said:
5) All sales are final and non refundable. If you want to know what I am capable of, look through my gallery and you will see! I may send rough sketches so we both know what the general outline will be. I will put a tracking number and insurance on all items shipped, and you will receive a tracking number when your item is shipped.
6) You MUST PAY ME IN FULL BEFORE I START WORKING ON THE FINAL PRODUCT
7) I am a traditional artist, so I will be making a physical item. I strongly suggest that you pay whatever extra shipping fees may apply. It will be worth it
8) I have the right to add, alter or delete any rules here as I see fit.
- Don't let these rules scare you away. These are here to protect me and to protect you.
Currently I can accept payment through either etsy (preferred) or PayPal. Either way, to protect myself against fraud, you MUST pay me the FULL PRICE of the commission before you receive your picture. I may send a few rough sketches to you to make sure I have the pose or composition right. Describe what you want with as much detail as you possibly can. Here is a list of what I am willing to do (which includes a lot of different things):
Full body characters or people
Certain fan art
Artistic nudes (NOT PORN)
Black and white, color or limited tone palette
If you can think of something else you want, send me a note. We can talk about it. I promise I won't bite BUT please make sure you take note of what I am unwilling to do below:
Nothing extremely cartoony like South Park style (although I might be willing to do a more expressionistic or semi-realistic version of a cartoon character. You can always send me a note if you're unsure)
No pornographic content of any kind. If you don't know the difference between artistic nudity and porn, I am the wrong artist to commission.
Did you notice I said no porn multiple times? Good then you were reading and paying attention properly Pricing list below:
- Portraits (human, animal, fantasy creature): $35 + shipping fees (an average of $30) Paper or canvas size will be either 8 inches by 10 inches or 9 inches by 12 inches (if you have a preference, please tell me)
- Half body (human, animal, fantasy creature) : $45 + shipping fees (an average of $30) paper or canvas size will be around 11 inches by 14 inches, 12 inches by 16 inches, 11 inches by 17 inches or 12 inches by 18 inches. (If you have a preference, please tell me)
- Full Body (human, animal, fantasy creature): $60 + shipping fees (an average of $30) paper or canvas size will be either 11 by 17 inches, 12 by 18 inches, 16 by 20 inches or 18 inches by 24 inches
- Landscapes : determine how big you want it to be. Something small will follow the portrait pricing, medium sized will follow half body pricing, and large will follow full body pricing.
- Special sizes: Do you want a bigger or smaller size? Miniatures? Big enough to cover your wall? Would you like a full body picture in a smaller size or a really big portrait? Talk to me about it, and I will see what I can do and give you an estimate on shipping prices and what the base price would be.
- Additional figures: Do you want multiple figures in your image? Add $5 for a second figure or creature. Add $15 for two additional figures or creatures. The more figures you want, the more likely you will need to pay more (it is easier to put more figures on a bigger canvas or piece of paper) Want a lot of figures or creatures? Ask me about it, and I'll see if I can accommodate your wishes. Is there something you would like that isn't listed? Ask me about it, and we can talk
- As an added dimension; most of the art in my gallery is for sale. I don't have all of it posted to etsy due to low interest now that the tourist season is over, but if you would like to buy an original work from my gallery, let me know so I can add a listing for you. Please note that there are a couple paintings and drawings that have already been sold and there are a couple I can't sell due to the wishes of some artists that provide pose references or stock photos. If you're not sure, ask me
An additional note on shipping:
I will be shipping to you from the United Stats of America. Shipping to foreign countries often costs between $50 and $60 sometimes more depending on the item. Depending on the item, if you are in the United States, shipping may cost less than $30 (a miniature or portrait, for instance, might only cost $6 to ship) My etsy store will calculate the cost of shipping when you go to purchase the item: www.etsy.com/shop/FaeVoiceofFantasy
Prices are in US Dollars
Determine what size you want, if adding any figures is applicable add that cost, and add the average shipping cost to get a rough idea of how much you will be spending. My etsy page has several different commissions listings (complete with some sample images), and that will give you the final price. links below... If you have been paying attention, you will already know this. I'm going to remind you again: you must pay me IN FULL BEFORE I start working on your picture.
half body commissions:
full body commissions:
portrait commissions with two faces:
half body commissions with 2 figures:
half body 3 figures commissions:
If you have any questions of any kind, please feel free to ask me!
Find my commission listings on etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/FaeVoiceofFantasy
I hope we can do some business together soon